The position is directly responsible for the Installation, Monitoring, Operation, and Support. The incumbent will work in close collaboration with the service desk and the Security, Systems and Network engineering teams and will assume ownership of improvement projects (Automation, troubleshooting flowcharts, Scripting, Tooling, Documentation) and drive them to completion in a timely fashion.
- Install, operate and support the global WPG IT Infrastructure:
- Networking (LAN / WAN / DNS / Wireless / Datacenter with strong focus on Cisco)
- Security (Firewalls / VPN / Loadbalancing / System security / Proxy / AAA)
- Proactively monitor the WPG internal IT Infrastructure through enterprise monitoring tools (Spectrum, Nageos, Weathermap, Cisco Prime, HP Openview, Netbrain, …)
- Proactively monitor the internet, MPLS and telephony connectivity and work with the providers on incidents
- Proactively recommend solutions/modifications of the existing IT environment in order to secure WPG’ operational assets, in particular the satellite operations environment
- Provide support to internal and external customers for clarification of technical matters and the resolution of technical issues
- Have a broad understanding of all technologies covered in the IT Operations group
- Maturity improvement and adherence of/to all IT service management processes, including change management
- Devise and maintain standards and standard operating procedures
- Assume ownership of improvement projects (Automation, Troubleshooting flowcharts, Scripting, Tooling, Documentation) and drive them to completion in a timely fashion
- Assist the management team with the daily organization of the work (shift building, task assignment, on-call schedule, KPI reporting)
- Actively participate in Problem tickets
- Work actively with the incident management tool
- Creation of Incident Reports for major incidents
- Work actively with the Service Desk to help create troubleshooting procedures for common issues;
- Help create knowledge base articles for common issues and for user self-help portal
- Stay up-to-date with state-of-the-art IT concepts and technologies
- Be able to understand all stakeholders in the service delivery process
- Be willing to learn new technologies
- Mentor a Service Desk agent on rotation in the Operations team as well as new team members
- Strong focus on simplification and standardization
- Ability to integrate into and lead cross-functional and/or virtual project teams
- Ability to handle simultaneously multiple projects and leads
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills: ability to frame complex problems or business issues and can elaborate and articulate alternative solutions
- Innovative spirit and business acumen
- Proactive approach towards potential and/or current customers
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to set priorities autonomously and to proactively deliver results, even under tight deadlines
- Ability to overcome resistance to change
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of applicable professional experience in a large heterogeneous environment
- Sound & proven experience with CISCO, Checkpoint, Fortinet and F5 technologies
- Sound technical understanding of the IT landscape and related technical skills
- Broad knowledge of Information Security
- Vendor Certifications an advantage
- Fluency in English, any other language is considered as an asset
- Flexible Working Hours.
- Working Days: 5 (Mon -Fri)
- Sponsorship for Training.
- Training and Learning Growth.
- On-Site opportunities.
- Work-Life Balance.
- Equal opportunity.
- Fair Remunerations.
- Health Insurance. (Condition Apply)
- Best Performance based Bonus.
- Referral Bonus.